1. _____ you ready?
(A) Are (B) Have (C) Will (D) Can
2. ____ here early?
(A) Will he (B) Was he (C) Did he be (D) Were he
3. I ___ happy about the price of eggs.
(A) am't (B) am not (C) do not (D) won’t
4. Since last year I____ him only once.
(A) have seen (B) have been seeing (C) see (D) was seeing
5. Donald ___ sixteen tomorrow.
(A) is being (B) going to be (C) shall be (D) will be
6. I ___ the story at all.
(A) don't like (B) like (C) am fond of (D) would like
7. I would rather ___ than play now.
(A) to study (B)am studying (C) study (D) studied
8. I'd rather you ___ anything about it for the time being.
(A) do (B) didn't do (C) don't (D) didn't
9. The car___much money.
(A) not cost (B) not have cost (C) isn't cost (D) didn't cost
10. I ___ like to eat fish.
(A) am (B) have (C) do (D) be
11. ___ repeat the question?
(A) Shall I (B) Will I (C)Would you like that I (D) Do you want that I
12. My teacher knows more than ___.
(A) my uncle knows (B) my uncle does
(C) they know (D)they don't know
13. He___to meet us at the station, but didn't see us.
(A) did go (B) did went (C) goes (D) had
14. Not only ____us light.
(A) does the sun give (B) the sun gives
(C) gives the sun (D) the sun does give
15. ____ you tell me what has happened?
(A) May (B) Must (C) Can (D) Could
(A) can sing (B) can to sing (C) is going sing (D) going to sing
17. You___hand it in at once, you may hand it in tomorrow.
(A) needn't (B) may not (C) can't (D) must not
18. Tell the boy that he ___ in the river.
(A) swims (B) swim (C) swimming (D) to swim
19. Joan___play on Saturday.
(A) going to (B) can (C) is going (D) can to
20. Susan and I can go to the lecture ___.
(A) but neither can Charles (B) and so Charies can
(C) but Charles can't (D) and Charles also can
1. (A) 2, (B) 3. (B) 4. (A) 5, (D) 6, (A) 7. (C) 8. (B) 9. (9) 10, (C)
11. (A) 12. (B) 13. (A) 14. (A) 15. (D) 16. (A) 17. (A) 18. (B) 19. (B) 20, (C)